Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tokyo Game Show 2009





This is footage from Tokyo Game Show in September of 2009. At the time of this event, I had only been in Japan for about two or three weeks, and, being a video game fan, I knew I could not miss it. The area it takes place at is actually not Tokyo ironically enough, but the Makuhari Messe convention center in Chiba. After about a 35 minute train ride, I arrived at the building and purchased my ticket to enter. I knew I wanted to film as much as I could, and was disappointed to learn that camera use was very restricted, but I did my best to ignore that and managed to get quite a bit of footage anyway.

There were booths set of for every major game and console maker like Sony, Nintendo, Square Enix, and Capcom, and I had plenty of time to visit them all and check everything out, though I didn’t stand in line to actually play any games as the wait was simply to long. In addition, there was a large amount of cosplay being done, and I got a fair amount of footage of that too. I actually attended the show this year again and was able to get much more cosplay footage this time around. Both times I went were great and I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to be in Japan to attend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment